Start A WordPress Blog And Make Money ( Complete Guide): Creating a blog is still the simplest and most practical way to share your knowledge with other people. The proof of this is that there are blogs about everything and any type of issue, from celebrity news to advanced engineering.
The good news is that anyone can have their own blog, even without understanding about programming or design. Actually, if you follow the step by step we prepare, you will be able to build your blog from scratch faster than you imagine.
The idea is that while reading this post we make the blog together! When we finish you will have a page ready and you will be prepared to be a professional blogger.
And at the end of the text, if that were not enough, you will see tips on how to make money with your blog. Then, as a table of contents, we will detail the steps to follow to create a profitable and successful blog:
08+ Steps To Start A WordPress Blog And Make Money ( Complete Guide) 2020
- Step 1: Choose a blog niche
- Step 2: Choose a domain
- Step 3: Choose a Hosting
- Step 4: How to install WordPress
- Step 5: Choose a WordPress blog template
- Step 6: Install the essential Plugins for your blog
- Step 7: Write your first blog post
- Step 8: Learn to attract visits to your blog
- Step 9: Learn to monetize your blog
STEP 1: CHOOSE A NICHE
When make the decision to create a blog, whether personal or corporate, before launching it, it is essential to be very clear about what we are going to talk about and select market niche. Choosing a specific topic to talk about in your blog and at the same time generate money, does not have to be crazy, but it is an important first step (Start A WordPress Blog And Make Money).
Here, 03 Steps that will allow you to choose the market niche for your Blog:
Step 1 – Define What do you like?
Step 2 – Define What do you know how to do?
Step 3 – Understand What do people need?
Here is the example of some good blogging niches.
- Health and well-being (weight loss, exercise, bodybuilding, etc …)
- Essential oils
- DIY and crafts
- Specific diets (Vegan, Detox, Dukan …)
- Home decor
- Beauty and fashion
- Money online
- Relationships and others etc.
STEP 2: CHOOSE A DOMAIN
What is a domain? Basically, it is the address of your website on the internet. But that is not all. The power of domain names goes beyond this simple definition. The selection of the correct domain can have a significant impact on the success of your website. For example, www.mydomain.com(10+ Best Cheap Web Hosting in 2020 + Free Domain).
The type of domain extension can be given by a set of rules and utilities that you want to give to your website. However, I want to show you what are the most used domain extensions for promotion and trade purposes:
- .com: They are domains for companies or people who start a commercial business. The .com domain is one of the most popular in the web sector. Most companies have the premise of registering a .com domain for their brand.
- .edu: It is usually intended for educational institutions such as universities, schools, or research centers.
- .gob: It is a domain reserved for governmental institutions, or more specifically, for the government of countries in the world.
- .info: Some websites are only created for informational purposes. Others have an informative and commercial purpose at the same time, in this case the .info domain is very good for them.
- .net: Some network providers use this type of extension to register their companies. This domain extension is intended for companies that provide network and telecommunications services.
When you have chosen the domain name, we continue with step 3, the best is yet to come!
STEP 3: CHOOSE A HOSTING
This is a vital point, let’s imagine, that you host (host) your website in a low quality or free hosting, what will happen? That your website will load slowly, you will suffer falls, advertising will appear, you will not have customer service, you will be limited … in short, a real disaster that you will want to correct, how?
Obviously, switching to the hosting you should have chosen from the beginning.
Therefore, we will save time and above all headaches, we will choose a reliable, fast hosting that is in force with the law and that has technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we can be attend in our language.
In my case, I will recommend you, some best hosting company given bellow:
- HostGator Cloud
- A2 Hosting
- WestHost and others etc.
STEP 4: HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS
Now that we have the domain and hosting to host it, it is time to build our blog. To do this, we have already commented on more than one occasion, we will use WordPress. We will install it in our Hosting using the Installatron tool provided by Bluehost in our Cpanel. You can always follow the steps of this video tutorial available in youtube and it is very easy !:
If you have any problem, you can always contact the Bluehost guys(24/7 open), they are there to solve any problem. To access your private WordPress panel and be able to make changes to your blog, you must add to your url / wp-admin, leaving something like: www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin
Once inside, you will be asked for a username and password. Remember that while installing WordPress, you had entered a username and password, those are the ones you should use.
STEP 5: CHOOSE A WORDPRESS BLOG TEMPLATE
Choosing the best WordPress template for your blog or website is a very important decision to which you have to spend a lot of time to find the right one. But do not worry, in this article I want to tell you the fundamental points that all “Theme” should have so that you know how to choose the best WordPress template saving you many hours and headaches.
The keys to choosing the perfect WordPress template:
- Design Adaptable to other devices (Responsive Design)
- Types of WordPress Templates: choose the one that best fits your website
- Choose a WordPress theme that is easily customizable
- WordPress templates optimized for SEO
- Regular updates and good technical support
- Choose a free or paid item
- Make sure it supports multiple languages
- Ratings and positive opinions of other users
Here some of free or paid template that will be good benifide for your blog.
- Phlox: https://wordpress.org/themes/phlox/
- Astra: https://wordpress.org/themes/astra/
- oceanWP: https://wordpress.org/themes/oceanwp/
- Hueman: https://wordpress.org/themes/hueman/
- illdy: https://colorlib.com/illdy/
- isleMag: https://wordpress.org/themes/islemag/
STEP 6: INSTALL THE ESSENTIAL PLUGINS FOR YOUR BLOG
A plugin is software that is integrated into your WordPress blog, which allows you to customize and improve your blog. Here are some of the tasks that a plugin can do on your blog:
- They keep your website safe from any attack.
- They attract subscribers that they include in an email list.
- Make backup copies of your entire blog.
- Show your traffic statistics
I want to take advantage of this section to recommend some plugins that I consider essential if you want to start off right and that are totally free!
#Yoast SEO: This plugin is essential, we will not get anywhere if we do not perform good SEO practices, and for this, Yoast SEO is the best partner.
What is SEO? They are the acronym for «Search Engine Optimization», and this basically means that you optimize the content, according to the requirements of Google, to appear in the first results.
Whether you have SEO knowledge or not, I recommend having a trusted plugin that helps us optimize our content. I have been working SEO for more than 10 years, and I have this plugin installed, why? Because any update in the rules of SEO, Yoast SEO is going to sneak up on me like “Hey! You haven’t done this”
#Smush image: Increasingly, Google values positively those blogs that are light and fast when loading the content. But also, more and more, we put images in our blog that slow down this, since an image does not weigh the same, as a paragraph of text.
What Smush image does is reduce the weight of our images without losing quality. In this way, our blog will be much lighter and we will get 3 advantages:
We will save money: In our hosting, we will have contracted a storage plan of «X» gigabytes. Once exceeded, we will have to pay extra, for a more expanded hosting plan. If we reduce the weight of the images by 60%, it will take much longer to reach that top of gigabytes.
Our website will load faster: It does not require much explanation, the less megabytes weighing our website, the less loading time it will require.
Google will position us better: Less loading time, less bounce rate, it is an equation that Google loves, therefore, it will position you better.
In addition you will not have to do anything, install and forget.
#Autoptimize: Continuing with the topic of loading time and weight of the blog, you will need a plugin that compresses the entire amount of css and js files that greatly slow down your blog.
The best candidate is Autoptimize. Again, you won’t have to do anything, just install it, and forget it.
#iThemes Security: There is no greater nightmare for a blogger, than having the web hacked. At that time your content, and therefore all your work until that time, is in danger.
Therefore, it is your responsibility to keep the blog as protected as possible. If you had a physical trade, would you place a security system (alarm, security fence, cameras …) ?, I would bet yes.
Well, your blog is going to be your business right now, and it deserves a security system. iThemes is an all-in-one and will keep your blog safe from all those who do not have good intentions.
HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS IN WORDPRESS
Let’s first see the installation process from the main WordPress Desktop using the catalog that is included in the add-ons section.
1. To get started, go to the WordPress Desktop and click on Add-ons> Add new.
2. In the next window, enter the name of the plug-in that you want to install and click Search.
3. In the search results, identify the one you need and click Install Now.
4. At the end of the installation, activate the plug-in. Ready! You can already use it.
Go to Settings> Plugin Name or a separate menu may be activated on the left side of the WordPress desktop.
In addition to searching, you can also check in the Featured, Popular, Recent and Favorite tabs different listings of add-ons that you can install in the same way.
How to install a plug-in Uploading the .ZIP File
This method consists of uploading the .zip plugin file to install. It is very useful when you download add-ons from another site or buy some premium with a third party.
1. Enter Plugins> Add New
2. Click the Upload tab, select the .zip file and then click Install Now.
- install-upload-plugin +
3. Activate the plug-in and the installation will be complete.
Finally, let’s see how to install with an FTP program. This is the most “technical” method, but it is still easy to complete.
STEP 7: WRITE YOUR FIRST POST IN THE BLOG
After so many configurations, it’s finally time to be a Blogger!
The worst has already happened, now you enter the phase of managing the blog and for this we need a first publication.
Step 1: Start a new post within your blog. Create a name for it; In most cases, something like “Welcome” or “First post” is appropriate.
Step 2: Answer the most important questions from your potential readers, such as who you are and what the blog is about. Tell them about your qualifications and why they should be interested in what you have to say.
Step 3: Answer the secondary questions about the blog, such as why you decided to create one (if there is a specific reason). Notify readers if you will use the blog for a limited time only, if you are working on a specific goal and how often you will post updates. Give them interesting reasons to visit your blog in the future.
Step 4: Try using a writing tone that matches the level of seriousness of the blog. Think of your first post as a first impression for anyone who reads it. Use your personality or your sense of humor for a personal blog, or your professional experience for one about your professional field.
Step 5: Notify readers how they can contact you. Provide contact information for social media media such as Twitter or Facebook, if you want readers to find you there. Encourage readers to leave comments if you want to use your own blog for social networks, or invite them to send you an email to a specific address.
Step 6: Check your blog post for spelling and grammar mistakes. Insert images or text links to material that you want to share with readers. Consider adding a photo of yourself, which can greatly personalize your blog, and add confidence and credibility to the eyes of readers.
Step 7: Give your blog post one last look and make the necessary modifications. Then take a deep breath and press the “Publish” button. Open your blog in a new browser tab or another window to make sure your message still looks the way you want. Edit from the dashboard of your blog if you have to make adjustments.
Congratulations, you already have your first blog post. You are officially an Blogger.
STEP 8: LEARN TO ATTRACT VISITS TO YOUR BLOG
A successful blog depends on several factors. Promoting a blog is hard, professional and methodical work. Nobody is going to give you anything for free. You have to earn it! Having more visits to my blog goes beyond writing a good article.
How to attract more visits to my blog? or How to get more visits on my blog?
1. Go to forums related to your topic and find frequently asked questions to which you can give a useful and honest answer.
2. Read the comments on other blogs and identify hot topics.
3. Sales sites like Amazon and EBay are another source of topics. Especially for those blogs focused on hobbies and product evaluations. Knowing the best-selling products can give you an idea about what the market is asking for and the type of information you like best.
4. Lean on Facebook. Facebook is a social network for the rest of the world, for us bloggers is a tool that we can rely on. Facebook behaviors (comments, likes, share) are an indication of the interests of our users. Research on Facebook Pages what they are asking, what they are talking about, etc.
5. Google Trends is trends. Google Trends is another very good tool from Google.
Google Trends allows you to identify the most popular topics for a given period of time. Look at the most popular topics in your niche and write a post about them. If Some topic can follow must get more visitor:
- Segment your audience
- Choose a good template for your blog and website
- Publication Calendar
- Content creation for my blog
- Guest Blogging
- SEO for your Blog
- Share your posts on social networks
- Participate in similar content on social networks and other blogs
- Networking and events. Meet other professionals
- Measure your blog visits
STEP 9: MAKE MONEY THROUGH YOUR BLOG
Below you will find the most efficient strategies to make money with a blog. You can often combine several of them, but the key is to choose the ones that best fit your project.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Sale of physical products
- Sale of digital products
- Professional Directories
- Private forums
- Sell your blog
- Job opportunities
Well then, if you have come here(Start A WordPress Blog And Make Money-Complete Guide) then you have already managed to create a blog, and you are about to start! Remember that the first step you have already taken. From now on, it is up to you to create high quality content that continues to bring people to your page.
If you are interested in becoming a professional blogger, also read the entry on How to Make Money with a Blog.